Friday, July 27, 2007

Wake Up! We're Back!

(Kitty) Holy cow! Until my friend Teri pointed it out, I had no idea it'd been 2 1/2 months since we last posted! Yikes! Sorry about that. All I can say is that we find life back in the States a bit more boring than in Aussie Land. :) Or at least it seems more boring to us. For the most part, we see our life as day after day of waiting, waiting, waiting. Still no "real" word about when we'll know about John's next job, but it seems as if it will be the autumn. (Meanwhile, he carries on at his current job in Santa Monica.)

Of course, once I decided I needed to think of something interesting to post here, stuff seemed to start happening! So I'll try to post once or twice a week and let you know some of the interesting stuff and show you any pictures we can take. For today, we'll share some great news about one of our dear friends!

Our friend Don Coleman graduated from Princeton Seminary and was ordained at our church, Bel Air Presbyterian, last Sunday. That was a great day! We got to see him for an hour or so, and his wife Bridgette and son Brennan we'll be able to see tomorrow for several hours. (Don had to go back to work at the church they're at now in Ohio.) We're proud and happy for Don - seems the church they're at now is full of great people - but I'm particularly happy for Bridgette because now she can be a full-time writer! Well, as much as a full-time mom can be! LOL! So I've been spending a little time every day this week thinking of things she needs to know, books she needs to read, people she needs to meet! Hopefully, I won't overwhelm her!

Below are pictures of Don's ordination. More catch-up stories coming up!

No comments: