Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Back to Work!

(Kitty) John and I have had several friends affected by the Writers Guild of America strike (Hollywood screenwriters, if you haven't been following this), but one couple we've been praying for a lot because they're both screenwriters. Being unemployed is difficult (John and I know about that!), but to both become unemployed at the same time and for the same reason - eek! To show my support, I delivered brownies to the strike line at the beginning of the strike in November. And last week I walked with my friend in front of Fox Studios.

At church on Sunday, she and her husband called me over to tell me the good news - the strike is as good as over! Thank you, God! Now people can get back to paying their car payments on time. Whew!

On a similar note, I am feeling that "back to work" feel more than ever! I decided last week that I'm never going to make a living as a writer if I do "everything else" first every day. So I'm now starting my day with my work - writing - and trying to fit "everything else" into the spaces after that. Now I see why I wasn't writing as fast as I should have been! There is no room for everything I've put into my life! So...I'm working on a plan to decrease the amount of "stuff" I have to do and the amount of time I take to do it. Difficult, but I'm already finding some other people in my life are stepping up and volunteering to take some of the load. Again - thank you, God! Maybe 2008 will turn out to be the kind of writing year I've been waiting for!

No comments: