Tuesday, December 06, 2011

We're Baa-ack!

(Kitty)  Hello friends! John and I have moved back to LA from Sydney. His job on Happy Feet 2 ended at the end of October, and other possibilities in Sydney didn't pan out. So here we are, staying with our great friend Doug in Riverside County, trying our best to catch up with all of our Southern California friends.

John is looking for a new job but we have no idea yet when or where that might be. Due to the fact that Christmas is just a few weeks away, I think it's safe to say we'll be in the Los Angeles area until at least the New Year. That will be fun.  :)  Meanwhile, he's applied to jobs or been in contact with potential employers from Sydney, London, New Zealand, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Atlanta and Chicago. Whew! Where we'll end up is anyone's guess. But one thing we know for sure: God has always led us into cool new adventures, so we're sure he'll do so again.

I'm working on getting the print version of Little Miss Lovesick ready for sale in the next week or two. Then I'll write a short story that will be published in an anthology in May 2012, and my next romantic comedy novel that will also come out in the spring of 2012. I'm doing my best to re-form my "office" in Doug's computer room, and he's been really generous about sharing his space.  :)  I was freaking out a little about nearly everything being on a ship in Sydney Harbour, but between John and a great sermon at our old church, Bel Air Presbyterian, I've calmed down. I'm trying to buckle down and focus on what I can do today.

We'll do our best to let you know what's going on in our lives. Right now, it's anyone's guess...but we can bank on the fact that God has an awesome plan!

No comments: