Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hollywood Votes Happy Feet















HURRAY!! Happy Feet danced its way into Hollywood hearts and won the Oscar for Best Animated Feature. Our Inboxes were flooded with messages from co-workers and friends all wishing congratulations.

For me, it's still hard to believe that I spent a year in Sydney, Australia, working with a bunch of incredibly talented people. I look at some of my past work that I did on other projects and realize that it was truly GOD Almighty that got me that job. There is no way any sane person would have hired me to work on a major motion picture with my old resume. It is a real honor to list Happy Feet on my resume and to tell people proudly that I was one of the artists entrusted to help make Mumble dance.

Thanks to ALL of our friends who showed us support and offered their congratulations. We know without you guys, we wouldn't have made it as far as we did.















This is a picture from the Sydney Daily Telegraph showing Animal Logic employees celebrating after the Oscar win.

2 comments:

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Cheers!!!

Bridgette said...

Congratulations, John! I was so excited when they announced it because when Cars won the Golden Globe I thought, "Blah! Katzenburgh, Schmatzenburgh!" Now you can put that you worked on an Oscar-winning film! Woo hoo! Hey John......

.....You're a winner!!