Monday, January 14, 2008

Beautiful Darkness

(Kitty) I was one of the last to go to bed last night, so I crept down the stairs without turning on a light. I haven't walked in such pitch blackness in quite some time. I'm talking can't see your hand in front of your face blackness. I figured that I'd have some moonlight or some other outdoor light to guide me once I turned the corner at the bottom of the stairs. Uh, yeah, not so much.

I forgot how deep and rich the darkness is in the country. It's sooo beautiful! I've lived in the city for so long that I've forgotten what real darkness is. I generally have to sleep with a pillow or a dark-colored t-shirt over my eyes in order to sleep deeply in the city. Here at my sister's farm (for lack of a better word), I'm beginning to sleep with a depth and richness that I haven't had for a long time. If you're not sure what I mean, you probably live somewhere where there are outside lights on all night. All I can say is - boy, I forgot how much I miss the country.

No comments: