Saturday, January 19, 2008

No Cold Like a Michigan Cold

(Kitty) I'm sure it's not true, but it feels true. I caught a cold several days ago and my whole life now revolves around it - carrying tissues everywhere, drinking water constantly, not sleeping well at night, not fully "with it" during the day. People have asked me if I miss LA - that sunny, warmer land where I probably wouldn't have caught a cold. Nope. Not even when it's 15 degrees above zero here.

Michigan has weather. Lots of different kinds of weather. It was raining, then snowing, then clear and bright, then overcast and windy, then absolutely freezing cold. All in the space of only a few days. I love it! Even though I'm miserably sick. Eventually I'll get over my cold, and Michigan will still give me different kinds of weather every day. And then I'll go home to LA and be happier with the blue, sunny skies because I had a chance to dance in the snow for a while. And catch snowflakes on my tongue. I've got pictures.

1 comment:

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Throw a couple snowballs for me. It's been 2 years since I've seen a Michigan Winter and I miss the snow (for about a week) :oP :o)

What I really miss is the fall, with the beauty of the leaves the smell that goes along with that too.