Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Surprises!

(Kitty) What a great 24 hours! I flew to Michigan yesterday to visit my sister Bonnie and help her with some accounting and web site work for her nonprofit therapeutic riding facility (www.chumtherapy.net). What a surprise to find that all of my family showed up for a late Christmas celebration! Waiting for me at the baggage claim was not only Bonnie, but my other sister Wendy and Jim, and waiting at Bonnie's house was my mom, as well as my brother-in-law Bryan and my nephew Chris. My nephew Bruce called to talk this morning. The whole thing was so cool!

Then today, I got my first horseback riding lesson of the year - and cantered!!! I've never been able to do it before, but my new friend Max, a tri-colored Tobiano Paint gelding, and my awesome teacher Bonnie both helped me get it done! Technically, since I was riding Western, I "loped" not "cantered". See how much I'm learning?!

1 comment:

Dana Belfry said...

FUN! I used to take riding lessons as a kid. I miss it!